Wednesday, December 16

Famous People I've Been Told I Look Like


Kim Gordon of Sonic Youth
This girl at a party came up to me and was really excited about telling me I looked like her. I was sort of startled and then she started insisting that it was a compliment. It was weird.


Lily Tomlin
One of the few times a guy tried to pick up on me at a bar, this really drunk dude kept talking to me. I don't remember the context but at some point he said I looked like her. Later on, he got kicked out of the bar (which was an absolute dive, for the record) for being too drunk.



Cher
My high school English/Newspaper/Creative Writing teacher said I looked like her. I must have looked pissed because she added, "Well a young Cher, of course."


The Progressive Insurance Lady AKA Flo
Last Summer my brother sort of blurted it out randomly. I was like, "WTF, no.." And he added, "Well maybe if you wore more make up and had bigger hair."


Audrey Hepburn
I got arrested when I was 19 for smoking weed and driving around high. I had to go to court and one of the ladies in the clerk's office told my lawyer that I was very sweet and reminded her of Audrey Hepburn, who I don't think smoked weed.

What do all of these women have in common, besides looking like me? They all have bangs, big noses and an over-all horsey look to their faces. They're also all fairly talented or straight up incredible, so I guess I'll take it as a compliment.

No comments: