Saturday, February 12

Gunner


Sometimes when I'm painting or writing I will get into this really strange manic state and start shaking and sweating and grinding my teeth. Usually when this happens, whatever I'm doing turns out really great. It doesn't happen a lot but when it does I'm always like :D
A few days ago a friend of mine asked me to paint her dog, Gunner, who had a swimming accident and passed away. I always immediately feel a little more committed to a commission when it's to memorialize a pet, so I sat down to this one really quickly.
Beforehand I got a wave of masking fluid inspiration when she told me he really liked snow. Starting out had me really nervous because I was certain it was going to blow and I am still really uncomfortable working with masking fluid and I'd hate to waste a huge piece of paper but then I got into my weird shaking and it turned out really well! I'm actually super impressed with myself right now. I like what I've made, I don't hate the snow, and it didn't take me 3 weeks like these normally do!

I'm going to go make scones now.

1 comment:

M. said...

It looks so good! I love the snow.