Saturday, April 2

What I've Been Up To Lately

I'm a member of an internet girl's club and lately everyone's been obsessed with manicures, not to mention my little sister does her nails weekly. I resisted getting into it for so long because it's time consuming and kind of spendy, but early last month I finally broke down and bought some new polishes. I may never be able to shop again without wanting a new color. Unfortunately my personal style is really boring and I prefer solid colors and glitter, but I'm trying to branch out. I used this tutorial for my current manicure.


Thankfully my little sister is 14 years old so I can be really creative on her nails. I found the little pink bows in a huge bag of rhinestones and glittery tchotchkes my stepmom owns for some reason or other and immediately thought of hime gyaru. Next week we're doing little moons and stars! I'm so mad I didn't get into this sooner. I could have been doing wacky manicures on my sister for years! Here's hoping there will be ladies in Grand Forks who want to look like princesses.

Went to Sephora last night with my stepmom who very generously treated me to some goodies. I got a fresh tin of Rosebud Salve, a little roller of Daisy by Marc Jacobs because I'm looking for a new signature smell for summer (Serious. I have one of those.) and a tokidoki at Sephora Gelato Lip Balm/Stain which is amazing and so pretty! And right now Sephora and tokidoki are donating $1 to tsunami/earthquake relief in Japan for every tokidoki product sold. Buy cute makeup for a good cause!

I finished this scarf a couple of months ago but never got a chance to brag about it. It's a little washed out in the photo but it's a bold kelly green and really soft. I can't tell if it's too thin for my taste or not, though, so I might etsy it and just make a bigger one for me to wear.

I mentioned earlier this year that I'd be making some of my own skirts for summer. I finally got out to the store and picked out these fabrics. I'd also like a red plaid but I couldn't find one I liked so I'll have to look some other time. I made one skirt this afternoon. I think it turned out pretty well considering I'm a jackass and didn't use a pattern! I considered making a tutorial, but I do everything so backward and strangely and trial-and-errory, I thought it was better that I not teach other people how to sew.

Lots of Japan-y things in this post. I was going to try to defend myself and say I'm not a Japanophile, but my sister and I chatted about manga while I did her nails and Yukari Fresh just came up on my playlist. :L
Oh well. Give them some money. They gave us gyaru and sushi and George Takei, it's the least we can do.

No comments: