Sunday, May 1

Sweet Potato

I finally finished my commissions. Something about the coloring of these dogs made it really hard to paint them. I think they turned out okay but I really need to work on sketching some animals in the coming months.

My sister made this in art class and gave it to me! She said when she started out she wanted it to be Gir (she's 14), but it didn't work out and so she made it into a bathtub. I can't wait to put it in my bathroom.



After a couple days of eating out and food from cans, I was so happy to come home to a fully stocked kitchen. For breakfast I made scrambled eggs with bell peppers, avocado and lots of chili garlic Cholula. For lunch I baked half a sweet potato and heated up some broccoli. I served the potatoes with salt and feta cheese and balsamic vinaigrette on both the potatoes and broccoli. I am OBSESSED with this meal and I've eaten it three times in the last seven days. I don't really think I've got the recipe right yet and want try some gorgonzola and play with the broiler next time.
Also made a really yummy banana and strawberry smoothie. I've been putting apple sauce in them lately. So good. I want to go make another!

1 comment:

From Broadway said...

Those paintings are awesome!