Monday, July 18

What I'm Listening To Lately



This song is more poignant for me than I'd like to admit.



I wake up a lot lately with the refrain stuck in my head. I don't know why it's so deeply rooted in my subconscious mind, but I think it has something to do with my brief stint as a gymnast in preschool.



Over the weekend I got sucked into this really cute show called Kuragehime (Princess Jellyfish in English) and this is the closing song. The lyrics are really lovely (something about how beautiful you are) and the singer's voice is amazing! Plus, I can never resist a trumpet.



I'm pretty late on the Cults bandwagon, but this album has been on repeat for the last week or so. "Abducted" is a great song, too.



This is my favorite Talking Heads song, and this is such an amazing performance of it. You have to watch the whole thing because missing David Byrne dance with a lamp would be a huge mistake on your part.



I've spent the last 20 years watching Cartoon Network. It's always been my go-to for background noise and TV fun time. They used to show "Groovies" (little animated shorts cut to music by bands like DEVO, They Might Be Giants, The Apples in Stereo and Shonen Knife, to name a few) during commercial breaks from time to time. Catching one was always magical, but this one was and will always be my favorite. Again, it's the trumpet.



This is one of those great, underplayed songs from the 80s, like "Tenderness", "Love Plus One", "Our House" and "Pretty in Pink". I'm bringing it back.



Easily the best song off of 4. Can't wait for an actual video.

No comments: