Wednesday, August 24

Sailor Moon Craft Swap

Last month I cast a little bait on Craftster.org to see if anyone was willing to participate in a Sailor Moon themed craft swap. Craftsterers are notoriously geeky, (I've done Pokemon, Wes Anderson and Adult Swim themed swaps in the past) plus with the re-release of the manga coming up I thought it was the perfect ruse to get someone to make me moonie presents, but very few people were biting. So I did what I usually do when I don't get my way: I whined about it on Twitter. And thank God I did because Tanie said she'd do a swap with me!

Super cute outer-senshi themed friendship bracelets! I love these for so many reasons, but primarily because these are my favorite characters in the series AND I've been meaning to make myself some friendship bracelets for ages, and now I don't have to.

A glitter bunting of Luna, Artemis and Diana! I love this! As soon as I opened it I pretty much ran to find a place to hang it. And now I am seeing that I didn't do a very good job, but whatever, I was super excited.

Unfortunately I extremely underestimated the amount of time it would take me to complete my crafts for the swap and only got to send my package off today, so I won't be posting what I made until Tanie receives it, but I am really excited for her to get it!

It's weird spending a massive amount of time on something and then finishing it and not having something else lined up right away, though, so I'm searching for a new long-term project. We're going to the Minnesota Renaissance Festival in a couple of weeks so I'm going to spend some time on a special outfit for the event. I'm thinking of recycling a velvet dress into some kind of a vest, but I'm probably getting way ahead of myself, as usual.

1 comment:

Tanie said...

Yay! I'm glad you like everything :D