Wednesday, August 10

What I've Been Up To Lately

The last couple weeks have been a bit crazy. First, I finally got a job! It's not that exciting, actually. It's just a serving job, but it's something, and I do like coming home every day with a big wad of money in my pocket. Second, some of our friends were in a bit of a housing pickle, so we invited them to stay over until they found a new place to live. Our guests also brought along their pets, so our house has been a very hairy menagerie, and they just brought a fish over, too!

Zelda

Barley

They're moving into their new house tonight and I'm actually a little sad to see them go. It's been like an extended sleepover having my friends here everyday, and Barley is so snuggly and sweet. I wish we had a dog just like her, even though our cats have been taking their sweet time warming up to her.

In addition to cuddling all these extra animals, I've been getting back into Makin' Stuff mode. A lot of the stuff I'm makin' is a secret, though, so you'll have to hang tight to see the finished products. I am loving doing embroidery right now! Just marathon a TV show (Parks and Recreation and Supernatural have been on a lot lately) or put on a movie and you've got a great way to be lazy and mostly useless without actually feeling lazy and useless.

On Monday I half dreamed about dying a bunch of things I already owned green, so on Tuesday I did just that. The jeans were white, the tote was canvas and the jacket was cream and they all turned out awesome and only slightly splotchy. I also did a pale pink t-shirt but didn't photograph it because it's already in the wash. Sort of wish I had done the jacket aquamarine, though.

Between working and life and everything else, I have not been cooking as much as I would like to. I'm hoarding recipes like crazy so I can get back into the game. I don't like eating out a whole lot, and I loathe eating fast food (even though it can't be helped when I'm hungover) so I'm always looking for new easy, tasty recipes. Here are a few I'm looking to make in the next couple of weeks: Spinach Lasagna Roll-Ups, Pesto Tuna Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Zucchini Parmesan, Chipotle Shredded Pork Enchiladas. Unff. I'm hungry now.

In other exciting news, Kiah was promoted to Staff Sergeant on Thursday so all weekend we've been celebrating and getting phone calls from family and everyone's calling him "Sarge". I'm so proud of him. He did it in less time than so many other people (including my dad), he got it on his first try AND he did it without studying. My husband is awesome.

2 comments:

Tanie said...

I know how you feel about the secret crafts >:)

emily said...

The jacket and bag are such a lovely shade of green! Congrats on the job too :)