Sunday, November 6

Birthday Haul

A lot of people think it's rude and gross to share what you've received as gifts. I don't care about that at all. I love seeing people's Christmas and Hanukkah presents. Maybe it's not very humble but whatever. We're all on the internet divulging too much information about ourselves anyway, why on Earth do we need to pretend to be humble? Anyway, here is what my awesome family and friends have given me this year.


My stepmom decided to be awesome and teamed up both Kiah and my birthdays and Christmas presents this year and she bought us an Xbox360 with Kinect. We found a deal on games this week and picked up Batman: Arkham City, Gears of War 3, and Dance Central 2. Neither of us are particularly gamers, but Arkham City is pretty neat and ya'll know I love Dance Central.

Mindy Kaling's new book
! Which was super awesome because I've been pining for it all week. I've only read the first chapter so far but it's already amazing. I feel like she wrote it for me.


My awesome friends set up a Hello Kitty themed surprised birthday party for me which included two cakes and this sort of creepy Chia pet! I hope my cats don't eat it.


My friend Mike gave me a little hairy cactus (not the one pictured) that I stabbed myself on almost immediately. He said it's an Old Man of the Andes.



This week Kiah got a bonus and bought a new ridiculously gigantic TV. I'm pretty indifferent about TVs in general, but the obvious thing to do with a huge, state of the art TV is to watch the Lord of the Rings series, so Kiah bought me this box set.

Michelle Brusegaard, who is an amazing artist and a really cool gal, gave me these awesome earrings! You should totally check out her Etsy page. I'm going to be doing a lot of my holiday gift buying from her this year at the North by Midwest Craft Spectacular.


Kiah also got me this really great cat bag which I'm super jazzed to use for work, and this excellent glittery cat ring. Three cat-themed gifts this year, plus a Hello Kitty party? Yep. I'm 25. This has been by far the best birthday I've had in ages. I ate a steak and a lot of cheese, played bar trivia, got a free sandwich and an open bar, apple pie shots, a band sang "Happy Birthday" to me, we went dancing and then came home and ate undercooked pizza. I could not ask for better people in my life.

No comments: