Friday, December 30

The Laziest Year in Review Ever

I could sum up this year with anecdotes and images and my hopes for next year, but today for the first time all winter there's a thick layer of snow on the ground. It took me three hours to get out of bed, and of all the people in the house right now, I'm the only one who's awake, and only barely. We got to have summer extended all the way to Christmas, and now it's winter, and now I feel that typical winter malaise creeping up on me.
Instead of the meme and the resolutions, here are all the things from popular culture I loved this year, and all the books I read. It's all I can muster on the snowy day before New Year's Eve.















The Witches

Tales of the City

Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

The Last Unicorn

World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

The Wind in the Willows

American Gods

Light Can Be Both Wave and Particle

Museum of Terror, Volume 3

Girl

The Moon And Sixpence

The Sandman, Vol. 4: Season of Mists

The Sandman, Vol. 5: A Game of You

Favorite Celtic Fairy Tales

The Lonely Londoners

In Love & Trouble: Stories of Black Women

Second-Class Citizen

James and the Giant Peach

The Painted Veil

The War of the Worlds

No comments: